< BACK TO APPENDIX
EXCERPT FROM CLASS VI:
IKASU ANDROID USER HOLOMANUAL
CARE AND MAINTENANCE:
The Ikasu class has been the workhorse of Conglomerate artificial intelligence robotics for nearly three centuries for good reason. Its shock-proof circuitry, Stochastic Logic Algorithms (SLA) and robust exterior revolutionized the industry upon their introduction, and have become the hallmarks of fine engineering throughout the civilized systems. Ikasu has undergone numerous system upgrades to keep it at the cutting edge (including major software enhancements that have broadened its prescribed functions by several fold). The exterior remains virtually unchanged as a faithful nod to its origins.
With regular maintenance, your Ikasu android will give you (and the heir(s) who will inherit it) centuries of uninterrupted service. The android will notify you when it is not performing to specifications. Between scheduled service calls, the following common sense care instructions will help provide you with the most reliable android you’ve ever owned.
• Only use the android for the tasks for which it was designed.
• Do not subject to temperatures above 650°K or below -100°K.
• Avoid leaving unprotected in harsh electrical environments.
• Do not expose it to external shocks in excess of 26.65 kg/m2.
(Will result in external damage. Internal damage may occur with significantly less force.)
• The sealed joints of the Ikasu are self-lubricating. Do not attempt to manually lubricate for any reason.
• Only allow a certified technician to replace the power cell.