< BACK TO APPENDIX
EXCERPT FROM CLASS VI:
IKASU ANDROID USER HOLOMANUAL
Ikasu androids are among the most independent robotic entities ever created. They are programmed to be self-sufficient and largely self-maintaining. However, there will be occasions when your unit may require a user restart. The main reasons for a user-initiated restart are:
• Long-term storage
• Full-version software updates
• New hardware installations/upgrades
• Rare, spontaneous shutdowns
The reboot sequence of the Ikasu unit is quick, easy and only requires moments, provided the Dynamic Memory Backup Matrix has not been damaged. The process is as easy as 1-2-3:
1) Open the access panel in the lower back.
2) Locate the Master Reset Switch and depress it (it will pop-up).
3) Pull the Master Reset Switch upwards and hold for three seconds.
The highly granular memory recording process makes rebooting almost instantaneous.
(Committed memory does not have to be reloaded. Only the previous 72 hours of unallocated data.)